Wednesday 3 July 2013

Spinning Fun!




Recently, I've taken up spinning yarn! Currently I'mjut working with a drop spindle though I recently forked out and bought an actual spinning wheel. The price definitely stings but I think it will be worth it.

I figured I'd share my work so far.

This is 100% merino wool in a lovely mint green dye, in this picture you can see a partially spun ply on my drop spindle

 And here is a little test swatch I knitted, I really like the yarn and the texture and character it has, IMO it definitely adds something to the finished piece.
                                          
This is the wheel I've purchased, It's a Kromski Prelude, I bought it from Wingham Wool Work. 
It should arrive tomorrow and I'm super excited!

         
                                           

1 comment:

Clementine said...

Are you selling your yarn? Perhaps a trade?